If you are planning on formatting your computer or replacing your hard drive, ensure to protect your database by making an external backup before doing so.
The default path to the installation is “C:\Little LogBook Global\Backups” (.lbk files) unless you have changed the backup location yourself.
After formatting your computer or replacing your hard drive, you will need to download the Little LogBook Global application directly from our website. Then restore the backup that you made externally prior to formatting your computer.
- Go to our website https://www.littlelogbook.net/downloads.asp
- Download and install software (the software is the same for either New Users or Existing Users).
- Scroll down the page to download the driver as per your computer operating system architecture, namely 32-bit or 64-bit driver.
To check whether your computer is a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system:
- Click on the start button of your computer
- Search the word “Computer” or “This PC”
- Right click on “Computer” or “This PC” and select properties
- Look under system type to confirm your computer operating system
Now that you have the software you will need to restore your backup:
- Ensure that your Little LogBook device is not plugged in
- Open the Little LogBook Global application using the shortcut on your desktop
- Click on the Administration tab
- Click on the Restore button
- Click browse to direct it to the location of the recently backed up file (.lbk)